The main role of the Board shall be advisory. In addition to the powers conferred by The FGCEOSA Constitution 2021, the Board of Trustees shall have powers to:
- Apply in the prescribed manner to the Corporate Affairs Commission for a Certificate of Incorporation of the Association and hold same in trust for the Association
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements for proper documentation of the affairs of the Association as provided by CAMA
- Acquire and hold in trust all lands belonging to the Association and procure on her behalf real property and chattels subject to the provisions of CAMA
- Advice on the disbursement of funds available for the purpose of investments, charitable and philanthropic purposes
- Consider, and if satisfied, approve recommendations made to it by the Executive Committee under this Constitution including those for conferment of honorary memberships, awards and the investiture of patrons.
- The Trustees shall act in good faith and at all times in the interest of the Association.
In addition to the powers conferred on the Board by the Act and The FGCEOSA Constitution 2021, the BOT shall:
- Ensure that the Association’s finances, operations, procedures are in accordance with the constitution and the assets are safeguarded.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Executive Committee.
- Oversee assignments as may be agreed upon with the Executive Committee.
- Advise on the funds of the Association including expenditure, investment or income in such manner as the Board shall consider most beneficial for the purposes of Association.
- Advise on the strategies, structure, plans, budgets and staffing of the Association.
- Uphold the values, vision, mission, identity, policies and standards of the Association.